Welcome to my random reflections on Beijing experiences and adventures--my first attempt at being high-tech and joining the blog world! Thanks to the friends that suggested I become a blogger. Not that my daily life is that notable, but it is fun to write about and hopefully you will enjoy reading about such fun as well.

Great Wallin' It

Great Wallin' It

Watch your step! (I would be the one to fall off The Great Wall)

Friday, August 15, 2008

First Olympic Event!

Last Wednesday, Caitlin and I got to see our first Olympic baseball game: Japan vs. Cuba! The Wukesong Baseball Stadium is actually right next to the Olympic Basketball Gynasium, so I go take a few pictures of Yao's domain :) There were a LOT of Japanese people there (complete with a few uniformed male cheerleaders). But the Chinese-- in our section at least-- were going for Cuba. The boy next to me caught the foul ball so I got to touch an Olympic ball, whoohoo! It was a neat dynamic to be an American watching a Cuban and Japanese competition in China. The beers (Budweiser no less!) only cost 5 kuai (about .74 American cents) so it's really nice they don't do the big mark-up for food and beverages like they do back home. But they dont have the vendors that walk thought the stands during the game so you have to leave to get snacks and Caitlin and I were not about missing anything! The Cubans won 4-2. It rained a bit towards the end of the game, but today is perhaps the most beautiful day in Beijing since we have been here. We hope to get tickets to see a women's football/soccer game tonight, hopefully more to report soon:)

2 comments:

Adam and Ashley Epstein said...

Hey Megan!

Great to hear from you again :-) It sounds like you are having quite an adventure!

Adam and I have moved into our own apartment. Our new address is:

Ashley Grossman/Adam Epstein
287 Elliot Street
Newton Upper Falls, MA 02464

Anyway, just wanted to let you know! Keep having a great time :-D

love,
Ashley and Adam

Stephanie said...

Awww, I love how the snack strategy made it into your Olympic reporting!